Efficient Linear Algebra for Gröbner Basis Computations
June 4-8, 2012 -- Kaiserslautern, Germany
Linear algebra plays an important role in modern efficient implementations of Gröbner basis algorithms. Consequently, a number of groups aim at developing linear algebra packages for these computations: we mention the HPAC project, LELA by the Singular team, the FGB package by Jean-Charles Faugère, the M4RI libraries, specialised linear algebra routines in PolyBoRi as well as non-public projects. In this workshop we want to bring researchers interested in this problem and developers of these packages together to discuss and develop solutions. The format of this workshop will be a mixture of talks, coding sprints and design discussions.
Topics will include but are not limited to:
- presentation of existing software packages and solutions for linear algebra suitable for Gröbner basis computations
- presentation of scientific results on linear algebra for Gröbner basis computations
- modular approaches to Gröbner basis computations which allow to swap linear algebra packages
- approaches to parallelization of linear algebra routines on multicore machines, multiple machines and GPUs.
- suitable benchmark and test matrices and ideals and their format.
Brice Boyer (Grenoble, France)
Michael Brickenstein (Oberwolfach, Germany)
Daniel Cabarcas (Darmstadt, Germany)
Jean-Charles Faugère (Paris, France)
- Bradford Hovinen (Munich, Germany)
- Sylvain Lachartre (Paris, France)
Arne Storjohann (Waterloo, Canada)
Emmanuel Thomé (Nancy, France)
Talks are scheduled Tuesday to Thursday. Coding sprints will take place throughout the week, Monday to Friday. Expected arrival time is Monday morning. Departures on Friday afternoon.
There is no registration fee for the workshop. If you are planning to attend, please let the organizers know by email.
We can help with hotel reservations in Kaiserslautern if necessary. Please write to us as soon as possible with your arrival and departure dates if you want us to book a room for you.
- Kaiserslautern, Germany
Martin Albrecht (Paris, France) - email@example.com
Alexander Dreyer (Kaiserslautern, Germany) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Christian Eder (Kaiserslautern, Germany) - email@example.com
Burcin Erocal (Kaiserslautern, Germany) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to email the organizers with questions, comments and suggestions.